As a blogger, I am often asked about two things: 1. How others can start blogging and 2. What equipment do I use as a blogger. I’m sharing what I use daily in case there’s a blogger on your gift list or you’ve gotten bit by the blogging bug.
*Affiliate links are in this post.*
- Logitech C920 Webcam – I know that most laptops have cameras in them but this webcam is ah-mazing! The clarity of the video cannot be beat and this is a must have, expecially if you add videos to your blogging repertoire.
2. Blue Snowball Microphone – Like the webcam, I know that computers have built-in microphones but the Blue Snowball works perfectly for podcasts, videos, and tutorials. If you need to record your voice for any purpose, do it on this!
3. Nikon DSLR – I upgraded my camera game about six years ago. At the time, the phone on my camera was not that great and I needed another camera for blog photos. I started with point and shoot cameras from Kodak and Fuji, but eventually I upgraded to a DSLR with detachable lenses. Personally, I’m a fan of Nikon, but if Canon is what you prefer, go for it!
5. Epic Blog Planner – My writing coach is epic in everything she does, from authoring books to creating YouTube videos to writing informative blog posts. She first published the epic blog planner a few years ago and it has served me quite well in planning the editorial content for this blog. Buy the planner and check her out!
6. Mobile Tripod – I actually have two tripods – one for my DSLR camera and one for my iPhone. For beginning bloggers, I’d suggest just getting the smaller one. There’s always time to work yourself up to this one.
Are you in need of more blogging resources? Check these out: